Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Bible according to John Locke

Being raised Fundamentalist Baptist/Puritan, I've been instilled with a deep reverance for the Bible, which I have never abandoned (I hope). I realized this when my dad and I fought for hours about interpretation when I realized that we were fighting only because of a love of God's revelation and it's truth. I found this quote by John Locke, one of the fathers of Liberalism (political) and a puritan himself. Chances are, if you live in the Western Hemisphere, your deepest assumptions about government come from him. He was the champion of "Life, Liberty, and Property".


"The Bible is one of the greatest blessings bestowed by God on the children of men. It has God for its author; salvation for its end, and truth without any mixture for its matter. It is all pure." John Locke

No comments:

Post a Comment