Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Next Necessary Step

So now that I've at least shown that there is good reason to doubt the catholicity and historicity of Catholic claims, I have of course to show why whatever confession I eventually adopt (Probably Lutheran, but possibly Reformed) is superior to my previous one.

I still have to figure out:
-Apostolic Succession
-Protestant Canon
-Christology (Lutheran and Reformed both have issues with either their understanding of the atonement or the Eucharist)
-Ecclesiology
-Proper status of Tradition

And most importantly, I have to find a historical defense of the prime existential reason I'm switching, that crazy doctrine we call: Justification.

So far I think I can at least give sufficient defense of it with Augustine, Hippolytus, Prosper, Bernard of Clairvaux, Teresa of Avila, and some others.

No comments:

Post a Comment