Thursday, June 3, 2010

Time

I need a little more time than I thought to address the Catholic hate mail and remind the Protestants that I don't think they have 'won' the battle in the sense they think they have.

I am not a piece of meat. I have found a few points in the Roman Catholic confession untenable, and I have personally and existentially come to believe in the biblical yet unpatristic and unhistorical doctrine of justification by grace alone through faith alone.

I no longer feel I am obliged to remain in communion with the Pope of Rome for my salvation, but I have nothing evil to say to him or to other Roman Catholics.

My reading of Scripture and Tradition as well as the interior witness of the Holy Spirit has led me to where I am, you are free to call me damned, heretic, or fool. I have no defence, only trust in Christ.

I am going to need some more time before I blog on anything, Triumphalism has become a bitter taste in my mouth.

1 comment:

  1. Argh Andrew: How am I supposed to find you when you leave this blog and tell me to go to Recusant Corner but then you come back to this one to post your reasons for deciding to leave the Catholic Church? :)

    Well, I came to check this one because someone came to my blog from it yesterday, so now I have found your other corner on the web again.

    You know the faith well--I still like you.

    ReplyDelete