Thursday, April 9, 2009

On the Eve of Entering (Pt. 1)

I've been having some last minute cold feet - I'm doing it no matter what - and reading Protestant writers alot and questioning alot of issues I'd thought I'd finished questioning.

I realize however how fickle my theological knowledge really is. I listen to some of Calvin or Edwards' rhetoric and the false dicotemies of faith and works, Church and Christ, Scripture and Tradition, and I begin to rethink some things, it's like erosion that slowly works on you.

But what do I do to remove doubt? Read polemics from the Catholic side, and make the Nicene Creed my mantra (regenerational baptism, one church, etc). Go on Dave Armstrong's blog, read Kreeft, etc.

But I hate doing this, I'm just a Christian who feels in his conscience that it is right for him to give adherence to the Roman Catholic Church. But sure? sure about everything? I don't know if I'll ever get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment